Best Basement Remodeling Services and Cost in Wichita KS
Handyman Services Of Wichita
Basement Remodeling Services near Wichita KS: Are you Searching for Best Basement Remodeling Services near Wichita KS? Handyman Services Of Wichita ,follows a unique process for your basement project. See why our methods of wall insulation, heating systems & flooring solutions will insure the most comfortable living environment. We review the area you are considering to remodel and carefully understand your requirements. Cost? Free estimates! Send us a message or call us today. Best Basement Remodeling Service around Wichita KS. We serve Wichita KS and other areas. Get a Free Quote Now!
BEST BASEMENT REMODELING SERVICES IN WICHITA KS
WICHITA BASEMENT REMODELING
Why A Basement Remodel?
Thinking about remodeling your basement?
Basement Remodeling Services near Wichita KS:When you decide you are ready to build out your basement space we will come to you and design a custom construction plan that is right for your basement. All of our designs for you employ the concept of highest and best use of your basement space.
During our visit to your basement we will share with you a photo album containing samples of our work and we will talk about your project intentions, i.e.: what do you want to accomplish with the basement construction. How will you use the space, what elements do you need and want; wet bar, 1/2 or full bath, exercise or theatre room etc. Who is the space for? Yourselves, kids, in-laws? We will explain our process of taking all aspects of a basement into consideration regarding humidity, moisture, dampness and mold. All of our methods related to the insulating of the exterior walls is documented in reports.
Next, if you have not already measured and planned the space layout, we will measure everything; walls, ceiling heights, rough-ins, heat ducts, windows, utilities etc. With all these detailed measurements we will then design and price a construction plan according to all your criteria. If you have already designed or received a design plan from another company we would love the opportunity to review it and/or price it for you!
Basement Remodeling Services near Wichita KS:Handyman Services Of Wichita follows a unique process for your basement project. See why our methods of wall insulation, heating systems & flooring solutions will insure the most comfortable living environment.
- A finished basement should be an extension, or even a continuation, of the main living area of your home. There should be a seamless transition into the basement, with the objective of maximizing use of the newly created space, based on the functional needs as defined by our clients.
- We take the time to understand your requirements and translate them into a blueprint that we use to create your new living space.
A well finished basement is the result of careful planning, and meticulous execution of good design by a qualified, competent craftsman under the direction of experienced supervision.
Handyman Services Of Wichita provides a free, no-obligation consultation. We review the area you are considering to remodel and carefully understand your requirements. Based on your requirements, suggestions and ideas are proposed for your consideration. A layout (sketch) is created for your review. A good design results from a collaborative effort between designer, builder and client.
Handyman Services Of Wichita offers three options in reference to pricing your project:
- We can give you an estimate or budget figure based on our discussion with you to give you an idea of the anticipated investment to design and build your basement.
- We can send you an informative packet explaining some approximate costs and requirements for remodeling your basement.
- Being a design-build contractor, our in-house design service is available. We will meet with you, take careful measurements and prepare detailed drawings of your existing basement, as well as a new floor plan.
Why Renovate Your Basement?
Basement Remodeling Services near Wichita KS:Every feature of your house has a significant value. That also goes to your basement. You can use it as your office, library, workshop, or recreational room.
Doing basement renovation can even raise the market value of your house! Before another year passes, gather all the needed basement renovation materials. Save money. Come up with a strategic house improvement plan. Think of the best basement interior design.
Renovating basements can be quite tricky, especially when there are a number of pipes that are hanging on your ceiling and walls. It’s costly and time-consuming too. Make it easier for you by hiring me. As a professional, I can help in many ways.
How I Do Things
I started working with home improvement projects, and one of my specialties is basement renovation. My company is insured, licensed, and experienced. I’m proud of these, but my promising credentials aren’t the only factors that bring me here. I always treat my clients with respect, professionalism, and extreme care. I’m always here to offer a feasible master and action plan for your project.
If you don’t know where to buy your materials or how to start your basement renovation project, assure that I’ll lend my expertise so that you can meet your goals. I’ll do my best to keep any issues from appearing. By paying attention to any potential issues that may appear in the middle of the operation, you can avoid investing in redos due to poor quality output.
Are you looking for a reliable home improvement specialist in Wichita KS? Call Handyman Services Of Wichita today, and enjoy my quality and affordable renovation services.
Basement Refinishing Wichita KS
Basement Remodeling Services near Wichita KS:At Handyman Services Of Wichita, we believe that your Wichita KS basement should be a functional extension of your home. Since this additional level of your home is usually left unfinished and used for storage, you can now turn that space into an additional living area by having our professionals provide you with custom Wichita KS Basement Refinishing. Those homeowners who have had their basements refinished by our construction company will agree that our basement services are a valuable investment to your home.
When planning your basement remodel, consider your family’s needs and wants. The space you create can be used for various things. Many popular basement finishing ideas include a playroom for your children, an office space, family or living room, or even a master bedroom suite. From basement flooring to basement bars, our remodeling contractor can do it all!
Why Wichita KS Homeowners Should Hire Us For Their Basement Refinishing
Basement Remodeling Services near Wichita KS: Our professional Basement Refinishing team is bonded, licensed and insured. They carry liability insurance and worker’s compensation coverage. We also are a certified painting company preferred by homeowners and businesses in Wichita KS.
As a Wichita KS area professional Basement Refinishing contractor we can provide you with all types of remodeling services like Basement Remodeling, Basement Renovations, and Basement Finishing to name just a few. Handyman Services Of Wichita will make sure your belongings are protected and your family is safe as we complete your Basement Refinishing project. Let us do the work; there is no need to get your hands dirty!
We pride ourselves on honesty, integrity, professionalism and complete customer satisfaction on each and every Basement Refinishing job we complete. We believe that our values and experience will create great, long-lasting relationships with our clients. We strive to provide superior quality, continuous communication, and abundant knowledge of our products and services to all our customers. So when you hire us for your Basement Remodeling project, you can expect professional service and quality results.
Basement Remodeling Services near Wichita KS:
Before remodeling a basement, think about the future use of that room. A flexible space means you can change it into whatever you need it to be in the future.
When you put a drop ceiling in it automatically feels cheaper. You really want your space to look like the rest of your house. A drop ceiling will also take away precious ceiling height and make the space feel much smaller.
- It’s a good idea to maximize space in the basement by adding built-ins shelving and storage areas. Check adjacent rooms for places you might be able to steal space from. But don’t go overboard with too many built-ins or too much woodwork because it could get very expensive and you’re likely not to get a full return on your investment when it’s time to sell. A good rule of thumb is to keep it simple and inexpensive, but make it attractive.
- As long as you are not masking some sort of problem like mold or mildew, an air purification system is a good way to make your basement smell as good as it looks.
- A good way to make a basement feel really inviting, if you have the opportunity, is to create an open stairwell. It visually connects the upper part of the house with the lower and allows more natural light to come into the basement.
- The stair railing and post installation was a fairly simple project, and required little more than wood glue and a finish nailer. If you’re installing a railing in a remodel such as this, plan ahead. If you have large furniture or other items to move into your new space, be sure to hold off on installing stair railings, and other structures that might be in the way, until the large furniture items have been brought in.
- If your basement is cold and uninviting, the carpet may not be the element where you want to cut back on expenses. Install a good quality carpet that will go the extra mile in making the room more comfortable and inviting.
- Finishing existing space like a basement will almost always be a lower cost project than doing an addition. You might spend around $150 per square foot to build an addition as compared to $40 to $75 for refinishing a space where the walls and structure are already in place.
- Don’t overlook the importance of your remodel matching the rest of your house. It’s critical when you’re upgrading your house that it feels like it belongs to the rest of the house so there’s a good flow and people feel comfortable in the new space.
How Much Does It Cost To Remodel Or Renovate A Basement?
Typical Range: $11,020 – $29,706
Basement Remodel Costs
Basement remodels cost $20,354 on average and typically between $11,020 and $29,706. Expect to pay anywhere from $30 to $75 per square foot. Remodeling 1,000 square feet with a wet bar and complete bathroom costs $70,000 on average. You’ll spend $150,000 or more on large spaces with high-end finishes and options. These upgrades increase your home’s value by about 70% of your investment.
Basement Remodel Cost Calculator
- National Average $20,354
- Typical Range $11,020 – $29,706
- Low End – High End $4,000 – $47,000
Basement Remodeling Costs Per Square Foot
Basement remodeling costs $30 to $75 per square foot for most homes. You might pay $150 per square foot for high-end finishes and upgrade options.
You’ll find remodeling multiple room prices change with the type of room. For example, bathrooms cost $125 per square foot while a living room runs $30 per square foot.
Basement Remodel Costs by Size
Size Square Feet Range Price Range
Small 300 – 700 $9,000 – $52,500
Medium 700 – 1,500 $21,000 – $112,500
Large 1,500 – 2,000 $45,000 – $150,000
Oversized 2,000 – 4,000 $60,000 – $300,000
Small Basement Remodel Cost
Small basements, or anything under 700 square feet, cost $9,000 to $50,000. You’ll probably end up spending under $50 per square foot. Smaller basements make a great spot for minimalist design additions. Examples include a family den with a half bath or a master bedroom suite.
Finishing a Basement
Pricing options here assume you’re remodeling, not finishing. Remodeling often means demolition and reconfiguring the space. Unfinished basement completions cost $18,500 on average.
Cost to Turn a Basement into an Apartment
You’ll pay $50,000 to $100,000 on average to turn your basement into an apartment. In high cost of living areas, you might pay $150,000 or more. But expect to recover your investment in 2 to 5 years. Plus, you’ll have increased your home’s overall value.
Consider these costs for your apartment conversion:
- Kitchen installation costs $5,000-$30,000 for most apartment sizes. It’s not a fully functional rental unless it has a kitchen.
- Basement walkout doors cost $2,500-$10,000. For a standalone apartment, you need to make sure it has its own entry, separate from your living area upstairs.
Basement Remodeling and New Room Addition Costs
Bathroom $6,000 – $15,000
Bedroom $3,500 – $10,500
Home Theater Room $300 per square foot
Wet Bar $6,000 – $22,500
Sauna $3,000 – $6,000
Home Gym $500 – $25,000
Fireplace $1,000 – $4,000
Putting these larger addons in a basement sometimes means adding more room. If you’re looking to build a new basement or expand what you have, you’ll likely need to tack the following onto your budget.
- Raising your house costs $3,000-$9,000.
- Foundation installation costs $20,000-$100,000 for a foundation under an existing home.
- Crawlspace conversion pricing $60,000-$150,000.
- Additional building budget $20,000-$70,000.
Adding a Bathroom
Bathroom remodels cost $6,000 to $15,000 on average. A master suite might run $25,000. If you don’t have plumbing installed, you’ll need to hire a plumber for $80 to $130 per hour.
Adding a Bedroom
Bedroom remodeling costs $3,500 to $10,500. Most of the price comes from the walls, flooring and paint. To call a room a bedroom in a basement, you’ll need a closet and an egress window.
- Below-grade egress window installs costs $2,500-$5,000.
- Closet installs cost $1,000-$3,000.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long does it take to finish a basement?
As with any large project, the time it takes to completely finish a basement will vary based upon the size and scope of the project. On average, however, a basement finish takes 2-3 months from start-to-finish.
Do I need a permit to finish or remodel my basement?
Municipalities require that a permit be pulled for construction or remodel work, and permit costs vary by city and size of project. We obtain the permit for your job and include it in our project cost.
Does basement remodeling come with a warranty?
Sheffield Homes Finished Basements and More provides a 1-year warranty on all basement and remodeling projects.
How messy is the basement remodel project?
If only construction could be done without the mess! We do our best to contain the dust to the basement by installing a plastic zipper partition to separate the basement entrance from the main floor of the home. Our trades-people enter and leave your home from a basement window or door so as not to track construction debris through the main-floor of the home (with the exception of the drywall crew, who must bring drywall sheets into the home through the front door if the basement does not have walk-out access). We do our best to keep the jobsite clean as we go along, and when the job is complete, we bring in a team of professional cleaners to do a final construction clean so that your new space is ready for your move-in.
Who is responsible for designing the basement?
Together, we collaborate with the homeowner(s) and the architect to design a basement floor plan. After deciding upon your basement’s intended purpose, an initial sketch with measurements is sent to the architect, who then drafts a floor plan layout, which is sent back to us to review with the homeowner. Often, several back-and-forth revisions are made between homeowner and architect, making refinements to the plan until everything is just the way you envisioned. Once we are all in agreement, the architect finalizes the construction drawings, which are the official architectural plans that will be submitted to the city for permit and used by our trades as the blueprint for building. This part of the basement finish process is completed after going under contract.
Can we make changes post-contract-signing?
We have change-order policies in place allowing for mid-project modifications to be made to the scope of work. We want you to be happy with the end result.
What is the resale value added to a basement finishing?
The added resale value depends upon a number of variables. To get an accurate estimate, seek the counsel of a reputable appraiser or real estate agent. Additional finished square footage, however, adds to the value of your home.
How soon does the work begin after we sign our contract?
Typically, our construction will begin within two weeks of the contract signing date. We use those two weeks to obtain permits and finalize design plans.
Where do you provide service?
Handyman Services Of Wichita covers a large, diverse area for all our projects. We start in the greater Denver metro area and expand to those surrounding them, including along the Front Range, into Longmont, and down to Castle Rock.
Why should I finish my basement?
Why wouldn’t you finish your basement?! Use the space you have to its full potential and make the most of what your home has to offer. Give us a call today and let us brighten your home!
CALL FOR US:
- Basement Remodeling Services Near Wichita KS
- Basement Remodeling Ideas
- Basement Remodeling Cost
- Basement Remodeling Ideas On A Budget
- 7 Great Basement Design Ideas
- Basement Layout Ideas Pictures
- Basement Remodeling Ideas Photos
- Small Basement Remodel
- Basement Interior Design Near Wichita KS
- Cost To Finish A Basement Calculator
- Basement Remodeling Ideas
- Finish Basement Under $10,000
- Basement Remodeling Near Me
- Basement Remodel Budget
- Finish Basement Under $5,000
- Cost To Frame A Basement
- Basement Demo Cost Near Wichita KS
- Andale, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Andover, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Argonia, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Augusta, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Belle Plaine, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Bentley, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Benton, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Buhler, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Burns, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Burrton, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Cheney, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Clearwater, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Colwich, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Conway Springs, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Danville, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Derby, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Douglass, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Elbing, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Garden Plain, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Goddard, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Greenwich, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Halstead, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Harper, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Haven, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Haysville, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Hesston, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Hutchinson, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Kechi, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Maize, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Mayfield, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Mcconnell AFB, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Milan, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Milton, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Mount Hope, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Mulvane, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Murdock, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Newton, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- North Newton, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Norwich, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Peck, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Potwin, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Pretty Prairie, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Rock, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Rose Hill, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Sedgwick, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- South Hutchinson, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Towanda, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Udall, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Valley Center, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Viola, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Walton, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Wellington, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Whitewater, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Winfield, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me
- Yoder, KS Basement Remodeling Service Near Me