Best Staining & Varnishing and Cost in Wichita KS
Handyman Services Of Wichita
Staining & Varnishing Service near Wichita, KS: Are you looking for Best Staining & Varnishing Service near Wichita, KS ? Handyman Services Of Wichita, Our skilled team handles interior and exterior jobs, from preparing a wooden surface to adding a stain and finish and then giving it a strong protective coating. Cost? Free estimates! Send us a message or call us today. Best Staining & Varnishing Service around Wichita, KS. We serve Wichita, KS and other areas. Get a Free Quote Now!
BEST STAINING & VARNISHING SERVICE IN WICHITA, KS
WICHITA STAINING & VARNISHING
Staining, Varnishing & Lacquering
Beautifying and Protecting Your Wood
Staining & Varnishing Service near Wichita, KS: At Handyman Services Of Wichita, we are dedicated to providing our customers with the results and looks that truly exceed their expectations. In any project that we work, we focus intently on the details, and apply our decades of creativity, experience and work ethic into producing that extra wow factor. When it comes to custom finishes that set off the look of your home or business’s interior or exterior design, this attention to detail makes all the difference in our staining, varnishing and lacquering services.
Protecting wood with a finish is essential in preserving the lasting beauty of your furnishings. As our skilled craftsmen are able to offer an array of custom finishes and color-matching and consulting services, staining, varnishing and lacquering can also be an excellent way to set off that special, custom look you want.
Our customers have used out Handyman Services Of Wichita in a number of staining, varnishing and lacquering projects, including those that involve:
- Outdoor wood furniture
- Outdoor decks and patios
- Indoor cabinetry
- Indoor wood furnishings
Wood finishes are an excellent and affordable way to transport old, shabby and worn out wood furnishing into new, fresh and eye-catching pieces. Our team of painters and professionals can assist you in helping you to determine your options and select the most appropriate finish you can use to capture the look you want.
Request Your Free Estimate Today
Staining & Varnishing Service near Wichita, KS: If you are looking for that sheen and updated appearance that stain, varnish, and lacquer can give your wood furnishings, you can trust in our company to get it done right. Having worked in this industry my entire life, I can help you learn how each of these finishes can complement the design of your home or property.
Why Choose Handyman Services Of Wichita
- Experienced Wichita, KS Painters
We know that you have many choices when it comes to choosing a painting company for your residential or commercial project, but we believe that our Wichita, KS painters and professionals truly stand apart from the rest. For the simple fact that we devote 100% of our skills, creativity, and efforts into every project we undertake, you can be confident that working with our company will be a decision you were glad you made.
- Experience Is Key
Our team possesses decades of experience in the painting and property improvement industry. Having refined our skills in painting and intricate projects, our customers are consistently satisfied by the top-quality results we can deliver. This experience has been the driving force behind our company’s success and judging from the fact that residents and business have made us their choice for more than 30 years, it is clear that our experience makes all the difference.
- Focused on Customer Service
Not only is our crew intent on delivering high-quality craftsmanship, but we are also focused on customer satisfaction. I personally oversee every project our company works and always make the extra effort to devote my personal attention to homeowners and business owners. We firmly believe that you are only as good as your last referral, which is why we give our all to every job.
- Results You Want
At Handyman Services Of Wichita, we are ultimately able to satisfy our customers because we give them the results they want. Whether it is interior or exterior painting or any other type of project, we know that we have the skills, experience, and dedication to produce exceptional results.
- Exceeding Expectations for More Than 30 Years
At Handyman Services Of Wichita, we have been exceeding customer expectations for more than 30 years. Proudly serving residents and businesses throughout the Wichita, KS Valley and the surrounding communities, we encourage anyone interested in our services to speak with a Wichita, KS painter from our company to learn more about how we can be of assistance during your project. We also offer free estimates.
When your facility rustically gleams with a wood interior, why let it show signs of wear and tear over time? Whether you’re installing or restoring a wood surface, get the job done correctly and affordably with Handyman Services Of Wichita.
Our skilled team handles interior and exterior jobs, from preparing a wooden surface to adding a stain and finish and then giving it a strong protective coating. We’ll:
- Fully prepare the area first: Sand, scrape, or plane the surface, so it’s ready to receive the stain. But before applying, our team ensures it’s even by filling in imperfections with putty.
- Keep in mind the wood species. As some tend to blotch a bit more, our team applies shellac or a conditioner first.
- Add stain and finish, applying the right number of coats for a vibrant, glossy look and sanding in between to keep it even.
- Use a range of finishes, including wax, shellac, oils, paint, and lacquer.
- Polish and buff the surface to give it a professional shine.
As well, our team uses the following:
- Oil Finishes: Seal and protect the wood. Our team can add this to bare or stained wood.
- Varnish: This clear, protective coating can be added to bare or stained surfaces. We use water- and oil-based products.
- Polyurethane: This clear, protective finish gives your wood an extremely durable and abrasion-resistant coating. We can apply oil- or water-based solutions to bare or stained wood.
If you’ve noticed a worn appearance developing, get the job done with Handyman Services Of Wichita Contact our Connecticut team to learn more or to schedule an appointment.
Staining & Varnishing Requires Skill
Staining & Varnishing Service near Wichita, KS: Staining and varnishing, however, is not an easy job. Proper preparation and techniques must be employed to give the wood a healthy shine. If one is not skilled and does not pay enough attention, your project can easily get messed up and can lead to large repairing costs.
At Handyman Services Of Wichita, we offer high quality wood staining and varnishing services at affordable prices. Our professionalism and experience makes us one of the most popular companies in Gold Coast and nearby areas offering staining and varnishing services. We can match to a large variety of stain colors to suit the ambience of your home or office.
Staining & Varnishing Procedure at Handyman Services Of Wichita
Before applying a coat of varnish, our experts do staining, sealing and sanding to ensure that the color lasts for years. Usually our procedure starts with the removal of dirt and chipped paint. We will make sure that the surface is thoroughly cleaned and ready before we do any sanding. Thorough sanding is important as it makes the area to be painted fine and smooth to touch; it also opens up wood pores enabling the wood absorb the varnish properly. Then depending on the area, varnishing or staining is either rolled or sprayed.
At Handyman Services Of Wichita, we explain to you the entire process and will provide an estimate for the work so that there is no hidden cost. Our detail oriented professionals will determine exactly what is needed What level of preparation? Does it need staining or just varnishing? Whether the wood needs solid or opaque staining? We will also guide you on the measures to be taken to make sure that the other items in the area are kept safe and protected.
6 Tips to help you varnish or stain your wood project like a pro
Match stain and surface
Staining & Varnishing Service near Wichita, KS: If you’re working with rough surfaces such as shingles and rough-sawn wood, it’s best to use oil stains. Oil stains tend to penetrate wood better than latex stains, making them ideal for rough surfaces that usually require a lot of stain. Moreover, oil stains can be applied in layers for varied opacity, are easy to renew, and offer good protection without concealing prized details, such as wood grain.
Oil stains can last up to seven years on rough wood, but tend to erode easily on smooth, even surfaces. Latex stains are better suited for this application and will last up to six years on vertical surfaces.
Wipe to save money
If you want to use as little wood stain as possible for your project, wipe the coating onto the wood instead of using a sprayer or a brush. Just a small amount of stain would go a long way. This method is also ideal for applying an even coat on difficult-to-reach, intricately shaped sections and minimizes the appearance of unsightly bubbles, drips, or runs that brushing often tends to leave.
Keep tweezers handy
Don’t you just hate it when bugs or small debris land on the surface you’re working on before the finish has dried up and hardened? Removing them with your fingers will leave a mark and mess up the smoothness of the finish. Avoid this problem by removing unwanted bugs or dirt using a pair of tweezers.
Use rollers for a smooth finish
If you’re working with even, wide surfaces, using a roller instead of a regular brush will save you a lot of time and give you better results. Rollers spread coatings uniformly without the ugly marks that usually come with brushing.
They do, however, tend to spread the finish thinly, so you may have to apply two coatings or more. Rollers are also difficult to clean, so reusing them is often out of the question. But considering how cheap they are, you can dispose of them and get new ones after every use.
Improve adhesion with a sealer
You need to be careful when applying a clear coat on bare wood surfaces. To improve results and minimize the risk of things going wrong, you can apply a sealer onto the wood before applying the clear coat. Clear shellac is great for this purpose because it flattens the surface and improves the adhesion of the topcoat.
Just brush or spray the shellac onto the wood. After it dries, lightly sand the surface with 320-grit sandpaper before applying the top finish. Don’t be tempted to add another layer of sealer as doing so can cause problems.
Minimize clean-up with baking trays
Cleaning up dried varnish is tiring, but you can simplify the process by using a lipped, non-stick baking tray. Just pour a shallow layer of varnish onto the dish, dip your roller, and proceed as usual.
Try to leave as little varnish in the tray as possible once you’re finished the application. Once you’re done, just dispose of the roller sleeve and leave the remaining varnish on the tray. After the varnish has dried, you can just peel it off the tray.
How Much Does It Cost To Stain A Deck?
Typical Range: $540 – $1,050
Average Cost to Stain a Deck
Staining & Varnishing Service near Wichita, KS: The cost to stain your deck typically ranges from $540 to $1,050 with an average of just over $700. This equates to an average cost of $2 to $4 per square foot for labor and materials. Higher-quality stains will run up the price, as will washing or sealing the wood prior to staining.
Deck Staining Cost Estimator
- Average Cost $700
- High Cost $1,050
- Low Cost $540
How Much to Stain a Deck?
The price range of $540 and $1,050 depends on both the size of the deck and the type of stain you use. Depending on its condition, you may need to budget for other steps first:
- The price to build a deck (or addition): $4,000-$10,500.
- Repairing your deck costs: $725-$2,500.
- The cost of refinishing a deck: $300-$1,600.
The treatment the space needs also depends on the condition of the wood, its age, and the kind of maintenance it has seen.
Deck Treatment Types Price Per Square Foot
Power sanding, stain & seal $2 – $4
Light sanding, stain & seal $1 – $1.50
Power washing, stain & seal $0.50 – $1.50
Labor Cost to Stain a Deck
Average cost to stain a deck is $2 to $4 per square foot
A professional contractor will charge $1 to $2.50 per square foot of decking for a simple, single-level space. That does not include the cost of materials. The deck staining price will increase to $2.50 to $7 per square foot for more complex structures that include multiple levels, railings or built-in furniture.
Labor is the most expensive thing to consider in your overall project budget. Where on the above range you fall depends on the cost of living in your area, the quality of work, the type of treatment required and the competitiveness of decking contractors in the area. Prices will also be higher if the contractor is insured, bonded and licensed, an important quality of any home-improvement expert.
Cost to Restrain Deck
Expect to pay between $0.50 and $1.00 per square foot if the space in question only needs a new stain without the earlier cleaning step. In most cases, though, at least a surface-level clean helps to prepare the wood and keeps your deck in better shape. Budget the average $2 to $4 per square foot to be safe.
Cost to Stain Deck Railings or Handrails
Staining railings on your deck ranges between $4 per linear foot and $12.50 per linear foot of railing. That includes power washing or power sanding, as well as individual handrails and spindles included on the railing.
Cost to Power Wash and Stain a Deck
Renting a pressure or power washer can cost around $50 to $65 a day. You can buy your own equipment at $150 for a low-end model or more than $1,500 for a top-end model. Hiring a professional power washer costs between $185 and $380.
Cost to Strip and Stain a Deck
A qualified contractor will charge about $50 per hour for stripping the wood, which can take between 10 and 20 hours. That includes applying a specialized cleaner, allowing it to soak in and removing it through sanding. It’s a thorough, but expensive process to remove old paint and finish before you can apply a new stain.
Cost to Sand and Stain a Deck
Sanding down your deck’s old finish also costs $50 per hour, but only takes 5 to 10 hours. This is the more common option to remove paint and finish, and usually gets the job done well enough that the new stain shows the right color.
Cost to Stain and Seal
Sealing your deck costs between $550 and $1,275. You need to seal the wood every few years to protect it from the elements, an additional step to the staining to give it the right color. Combining both in one project reduces some overlap in labor, bringing your required budget to $800 to $1,700 in total.
The price for the stain itself will range between $50 and $250. For a DIY job, the only other materials you’ll need are tape and paint brushes, which you can buy for $10 to $20 at your home improvement store.
Wood Deck Stain Cost Per Gallon
On average, staining solution for a wooden deck ranges between $20 and $120 per gallon depending on its quality. Look for stains that penetrate the wood deeply, which likely costs at least $30 to $40 per gallon. Solid stains hide the grain, but last longer than semi-transparent alternatives that allow the natural shapes and coloring to shine through.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How much to charge to stain a deck?
Most contractors charge between $0.50 and $2.50 per square foot to stain a deck. Extra processes like railings, pressure washing, and stripping old paint can add to that general estimate.
How much does it cost to stain a pergola?
Your budget for staining a pergola should be between $1,000 and $4,000. The higher cost is due to the number of ornamentations and elevation, making access difficult and increasing the time it takes to get done.
How much stain do you need for a deck?
You’ll need about 2 gallons of stain to cover a 500-square-foot deck. Most stains come in 1-gallon containers and provide around 200 to 300 square feet of coverage per can.
How often should you stain a deck?
Most pros recommend staining your deck about every two to three years. In areas with cold winter, the first days of reliably warm weather during late spring tend to be the best time to get it done.
How long does it take to stain a deck?
The average time it takes to stain a deck is about 20 hours per 500 square feet. That includes 3-5 hours for the stain itself as well as cleaning and other preparation. Expect to pay for close to 20 hours of labor.
What’s the best way to clean before deck staining?
For most wooden surfaces, pressure or power washing is enough. Old lumber with chipped paint may require sanding or stripping as well, which adds money to the project and increases the timeline.
Why should I stain my deck?
Staining protects the surface against mold, aging and insects. It can add a decorative look to the wood, while adding UV protection against sun damage. Perhaps most importantly, it adds both personality and value to your deck.
Should you stain under a deck?
You only need to stain the underside of your wood if it’s visible and could otherwise compromise the overall look. Sealing and waterproofing is usually enough to prevent mold, mildew, and insects.
How much does it cost to paint a deck?
The price to paint your deck ranges between $2 and $5 per square foot, or $300 to $1,200 in total.
CALL FOR US:
- Staining & Varnishing Service Near Wichita, KS
- stain and varnish combo
- stain & varnish in one
- stain and varnish combination
- how to stain varnished wood
- wood stain vs varnish
- stain and varnish in one product
- how to varnish wood
- varnish stain exterior Wichita, KS
- staining and varnishing wood
- varnishing over old varnish
- varnishing techniques
- wood varnishing tips
- finishing varnish wood
- Some results have been removed Wichita, KS
- Andale, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Andover, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Argonia, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Augusta, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Belle Plaine, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Bentley, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Benton, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Buhler, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Burns, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Burrton, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Cheney, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Clearwater, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Colwich, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Conway Springs, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Danville, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Derby, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Douglass, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Elbing, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Garden Plain, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Goddard, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Greenwich, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Halstead, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Harper, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Haven, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Haysville, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Hesston, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Hutchinson, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Kechi, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Maize, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Mayfield, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Mcconnell AFB, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Milan, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Milton, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Mount Hope, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Mulvane, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Murdock, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Newton, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- North Newton, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Norwich, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Peck, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Potwin, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Pretty Prairie, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Rock, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Rose Hill, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Sedgwick, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- South Hutchinson, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Towanda, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Udall, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Valley Center, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Viola, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Walton, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Wellington, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Whitewater, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Winfield, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me
- Yoder, KS Staining & Varnishing Service Near Me