Best Exterior Painting Services in Wichita KS
Handyman Services Of Wichita
Exterior Painting Services Near Wichita KS: Looking for Exterior Painting Services near Wichita KS? Call Handyman Services Of Wichita is fully insured and licensed. We paint the exterior of your home with precision making sure all areas of the outside of the home are properly covered with an even coat of paint. Our prep work combined with a top of the line of paint, the finished product will help protect and add on years to the exterior of your home. Cost? Free estimates. Call today or send us a message only for quick service.
EXTERIOR PAINTING SERVICES IN WICHITA KS
WICHITA EXTERIOR PAINTING
Exterior Painting Services Near Wichita KS: Surface preparation of the exterior of your Wichita KS home is the most important step. This is the step where the exterior of your home is cleaned through pressure washing and any imperfections are fixed. Whether your home needs gaps caulked, window sealing fixed, stains removed, or loose paint scraped, we do it all to make sure the new coat of paint looks amazing.
Once everything is fixed and all doors, lights, windows are properly covered we begin the actual painting. Whether you want to go from dark to light or light to dark we can help you narrow down the color choices. Handyman Services Of Wichita, we paint the exterior of your home with precision making sure all areas of the outside of the home are properly covered with an even coat of paint. Our prep work combined with a top of the line of paint, the finished product will help protect and add on years to the exterior of your home.
What You Can Expect During The Process
- A Consistent, Prompt Schedule
Our team will arrive punctually each morning, and will stay until the workday is complete. Weather permitting, we will be back every day until your project is finished – no sporadic scheduling or unpredictable stops and starts.
- Pressure Washing
A surface must be clean for successful paint adhesion to be possible. If there is visible dirt, mold, or mildew on your home, we begin with a thorough, professional pressure washing.
- Respect for Your Property
From ladder mitts to covering landscaping, we take every precaution to ensure that your property is protected. After all, it is not just a job site, but your home!
- Thorough Surface Preparation
The difference between a disappointing paint job and one that endures (and looks beautiful) is found in surface preparation. These absolutely essential steps may include:
- Sanding and Scraping
- Dry rot repairs
- Removing old, brittle caulk
- Caulk and Putty
Window caulking It may not be a glamorous component of the painting process, but it is vital. Caulk fills and seals any gaps, protecting your home from both pest and moisture intrusion, and leading to increased efficiency as a whole.
Puttying is the process of filling any small holes in your siding, allowing a flawless, smooth finish.
Primer is essentially the foundation that your paint is built on, allowing for secure adhesion, coverage of any repairs or blemishes, and durability. We use only high-quality products that we know from experience will perform as they need to, maximizing the value and benefits for your home.
On a case-by-case basis, we will carefully analyze and put together the very best plan of action for your specific property. This plan will include product choice, color consultations (if needed/desired), application techniques, and more.
- Daily Clean-Up
Our day is not considered complete until we have thoroughly cleaned and tidied the area where we worked, removing all equipment, coverings, tools, etc…
- Final Walk-through
Every step and stage of the process will be directly overseen by an on-site Crew Leader. When your project is complete, a Foreman will complete a walk-through with you, at your convenience, just to ensure that the work was completed to your standards (and ours).
You Can Trust The Handyman Services Of Wichita
- Our team consists of hand-picked, courteous painters, passionate about their work and craft
- We specialize in maintaining an orderly, safe work environment
- Your landscaping and property will be carefully protected
- Your specifications and goals will drive our efforts
- We use premium paints
- We are fully licensed and insured
Exterior Painting Services
- Exterior House Painting
- Siding Painting
- Brownstone Painting
- Stucco Painting
- Roof Painting
- Window Frame Painting
- Fence Painting
- Garage Painting
- Exterior Brick Painting
- Exterior Door Painting
Exterior Painting Services Near Wichita KS: Exterior house painting service Whether you’re simply looking to paint your home and freshen up its appearance or you wish to try something brand new, painting the exterior of your house will make it instantly stand out from the neighbors. If you’re looking to sell your home, painting is the fastest and most efficient way to raise the value of your house.
But an exterior paint project is a difficult process. If you’re not an experienced house painter, you may run into some issues. Handyman Services Of Wichita’s exterior painting services are unmatched in their ability to provide a quality paint job that also gives you access to ongoing support and expert painters.
Exterior Paint Colors
Exterior Painting Services Near Wichita KS: When deciding to paint your house, often one of the first steps is to choose your paint color. There are many elements to consider when choosing which color to paint the exterior of your house.
Landscape – Your environment will influence which paint colors you wish to paint on the exterior. If your house is covered by a lot of shade, you may consider a lighter color. However, if you wish to blend into the trees, you may want a darker color. It’s critical to think about how you want your home’s exterior to complement its environment.
Architecture – Perhaps you have a Victorian-style house or a traditional colonial. They are both very different architectural styles with different peaks and accents. However your home is built, colors can help draw attention to specific architectural details.
Existing Colors – Your roof, your driveway, your gravel, your mulch are not going to change colors when you paint. Consider how you want your exterior house paint colors to accent these features of your home.
Exterior Painting Project
Exterior Painting Services Near Wichita KS: Exterior house painting service There is a lot that goes into painting the exterior of a house. It will likely take longer than a weekend. So if you aren’t prepared to handle the following, you may want to hire a professional to handle all of your house painting needs.
Wash – Before painting, the exterior of your house will need to be washed. You can use a pressure washer to do this. It’s best when you start at the top so all of the dirt and grime will go down off the siding and trim.
Scrape – Next, it’s important to scrape any loose paint off of the siding of the house. It’s important to have drop cloths below where you work so these paint chips don’t land in the grass.
Sand – Sanding is a necessary step to smooth the exterior surfaces and create an ideal surface for the paint to adhere to.
Patch – If there are any remaining areas that need repair, they’ll need to be patched up before the exterior is primed.
Prime – Next the surface will need to be primed. Each prime is different. The paint manufacturer will indicate how many coats are needed.
Caulk – Seal all of the cracks and corners so no moisture will seep through.
Paint – Finally, it’s time to paint the house in the color of your choice.
How Much Does It Cost To Paint A House Exterior?
Average Cost to Paint a House Exterior
Exterior Painting Services Near Wichita KS: The average cost to paint a house exterior is $2,500 for a 2,400 sq. ft. two-story home, with most homeowners paying between $1,800 and $3,200. The final cost comes out to around $0.60 to $1.60 per square foot. With so many variables in pricing, you need to take them all into account before coming to your own estimate on how much your painting project will end up costing.
Painting can also protect your home from inclement weather, mildew and mold, insect damage, and corrosion. A good paint job will add to your home’s curb appeal and can last 10–15 years.
Cost To Paint A House
National Average Cost $2,510
Minimum Cost $780
Maximum Cost $6,400
Average Range $1,811 to $3,201
Exterior Painting Cost by Square Foot
Exterior Painting Services Near Wichita KS: On average, expect to pay $0.60–$1.60 per square foot for exterior painting. The average for painting labor across the country is $30–$40 per hour before you pay for paint, painting supplies, location costs, and equipment. To get a very general estimate, though, painting contractors will take into account the square footage of your home and the number of stories and also factor in normal prep work.
In general, without adding any extra costs for painting doors, trim, windows, and different types of siding, the total cost to paint your home’s exterior
Cost Breakdown To Paint a House
Whether you have a new home and it needs your unique colors added to it, or your home’s exterior is in a poor state, a paint job can give it a completely new look. Homeowners spend between $1,750 and $2,330
Labor Cost To Paint A House Exterior
The average cost to paint a house exterior is $30 to $40 per hour per painter. At two painter hours per 100 square feet, an 1,800 sq. ft. home will take about 36 hours to prep and paint, coming to $1,080 to $1,260 for the labor.
- Prep work – Added into the basic cost of a paint job is a power wash of the exterior, repair of minor cracks and holes in trim and siding, and priming.
- Scaffolding/boom lift – Sometimes these have to be rented if extra precautions are needed. Boom lift rental is $825–$1,330/week.
Paint And Supplies Cost
Exterior Painting Services Near Wichita KS: Paint costs come from two painters in one hour and one gallon of paint/100 sq. ft. Experienced painting contractors will already have the main supplies needed. The average cost of low-quality paint is $21 per gallon while high-quality paint costs around $70 per gallon.
At one gallon per 100 sq. ft., an 1,800 sq. ft. home using 18 gallons of paint will spend $380 to $1,260 on the paint alone. What quality of paint are you willing to pay for? Homeowners using low-quality paint will need to repaint every four to five years, while high-quality paint can last eight years or more depending on the type.
Cost To Paint Exterior Trim
The average cost to paint exterior trim is around $1 per linear foot. For a typical 2000 square foot home, with 700 linear feet of trim will cost about $700 to paint.
Cost To Paint Exterior Door
The cost to paint an exterior door is between $90 and $200 per door depending on the condition of the entry and the cost of materials and supplies.
Cost To Repair Or Replace Siding
Some siding on older homes might need so much repair that it is more cost-effective to replace the siding rather than repair it all and then paint over it. Expect to pay between $1,550 and $3,050 for the removal and disposal of old siding and $4,000 to $14,000 for new siding and installation. Expect to pay more if the wood underneath is wet and rotten and needs structural repair work.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When should I repaint the exterior of my house?
That depends on what your home is made from! If your exterior siding is wooden, it should be recoated every five years or so. Stucco can be painting less frequently, assuming that the exterior is still in good condition and free of any cracks. If your siding or shingles are stained, that should be touched up every three years to keep the wood sealed and prevent the color from turning to gray. Of course, if you are just looking for a new color to change up your home, that’s a great reason to repaint as well!
What are the steps of painting the exterior of my home?
When we do exterior house painting, we have three crucial steps:
Scrape, sand, and wash – We want to be sure that all loose and failing paint is removed. We also want to wash the house thoroughly to prevent any dirt from getting trapped beneath our new layer of paint.
Prime and seal – This is where we protect the home by masking off the windows and other fixtures to ensure that paint doesn’t go anywhere it isn’t supposed to. Then, we apply primer. If we need to seal any cracks or uneven surfaces, we also use this step to give our team the smoothest and easiest canvas possible.
Finish coat – This is the color! We have several methods we use to ensure that each surface is evenly coated and that overall product is one you can be proud to show off.
How should I choose the color?
This is really up to you, but we suggest looking at any pre-existing qualities about the house that you don’t really want to change. For example, the way your driveway looks, the color of your roof, and any patio you might have can determine some good guidelines for choosing your color. You will also want to see what colors are prevalent in your neighborhood to see what fits well. If you have any interesting architectural features of your home that you want to enhance, you can choose colors that match well together.
When is it time to paint or recoat the exterior of my home?
Wood elements like siding or hood trim should be recoated every 5 years. Stucco can be painted less frequently if the surface does not show extensive or widespread cracking. Stained siding or shingles should be done every 3 years to keep the wood sealed and to prevent graying. If any surface is showing widespread failure (meaning peeling or cracked in the paint film) or if the wood or stucco substrate itself is cracking then it is time to paint.
What sheen of paint should I use?
There are 3 main sheens available for Exterior surface: Flat, Low Luster, and Semi-Gloss.
The surface determines the best level of sheen. Stucco is best in a flat sheen. Wood siding can look great in a Low Luster if it is in good shape with minimal cosmetic blemishes. Trim elements should almost always be coated in a Semi-Gloss sheen. Unless you deeply dislike shine on anything, Semi Gloss provides the best amount of protection for the life of the product. It resists dirt and can take a beating from sun and rain.
How will my landscape be protected?
Plants should be covered with lightweight materials and uncovered at the end of the day. Some can be pulled back from the home gently landscaping should be trimmed back before the job begins to provide clearance.
Do you have to wash the house, especially while we are in a drought?
It is a very important step that can undermine the quality of the job if not done, depending on the surface. The washing removes embedded grime and mildew and provides a clean surface for the primer.
Are there any rules for choosing colors?
There are a few basic rules:
- Take into account the existing elements of the home, ie roofing material, hardscape like brick or slate walkways, patios, wood features like deck, patio or trellis
- Neighboring homes or structures
- Architectural features of the home
If you get stuck and just can’t decide, our service includes a 1-hr consultation with a professional Color Consultant. We will also apply paint in a small 2’x 2’brush out on the wall and on trim.
CALL US FOR:
- Exterior Painting Services Near Wichita KS
- Exterior House Painting Services
- Interior And Exterior Painting Services
- Exterior House Painters
- Exterior House Painters Cost
- Exterior House Painters In My Area
- Professional Exterior House Painters
- Professional Painting Service
- Cost Of Painting A House Per Square Foot Wichita KS
- Paint Cost Calculator
- Painting Cost Per Square Foot
- Cost To Paint A House Exterior
- Painting Labor Cost Per Square Foot
- Painting Labor Cost Per Square Foot In
- Labor Cost For Painting
- Painting Labor Cost Per Square Foot In Wichita KS
- Andale, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Andover, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Argonia, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Augusta, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Belle Plaine, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Bentley, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Benton, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Buhler, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Burns, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Burrton, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Cheney, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Clearwater, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Colwich, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Conway Springs, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Danville, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Derby, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Douglass, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Elbing, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Garden Plain, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Goddard, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Greenwich, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Halstead, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Harper, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Haven, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Haysville, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Hesston, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Hutchinson, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Kechi, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Maize, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Mayfield, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Mcconnell AFB, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Milan, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Milton, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Mount Hope, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Mulvane, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Murdock, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Newton, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- North Newton, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Norwich, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Peck, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Potwin, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Pretty Prairie, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Rock, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Rose Hill, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Sedgwick, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- South Hutchinson, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Towanda, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Udall, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Valley Center, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Viola, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Walton, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Wellington, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Whitewater, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Winfield, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me
- Yoder, KS Exterior Painting Service Near Me