Best General Contractor Service and Cost in Wichita KS
Handyman Services Of Wichita
General Contractor Service near Wichita KS: Are you looking for the Best General Contractor Service near Wichita KS ? Handyman Services Of Wichita, has decades of general contractor services experience. Our team oversees management and financial responsibility, applying our powerhouse attitude to everything we do. Cost? Free estimates! Send us a message or call us today. Best General Contractor Service around Wichita KS. We serve Wichita KS and other areas
Feel Free to Call us now or book online quickly!
GENERAL CONTRACTOR SERVICE IN WICHITA KS
General Contractor Service near Wichita KS: Handyman Services Of Wichita has decades of general contractor services experience. Our team oversees management and financial responsibility, applying our powerhouse attitude to everything we do. With proven management skills, diverse experience, and an adaptable team, we continue to be the general contracting partner of choice.
Handling all of your general contracting needs:
- Interior and exterior construction services
- New build projects from the ground up
- Tenant and landlord contracting needs
- Franchise company contracting services
- Pharmaceutical general contracting and more
What Do General Contractors Do?
General Contractor Service near Wichita KS: A general contractor oversees a variety of construction projects. Normally, the contractor is called in when someone wants to create a new building for business or residential purposes; however, contractors may also work in remodeling and renovation of existing structures as well. The general contractor assesses the work to be done and directs various construction crews to accomplish these tasks.
One of the chief skills of a general contractor is an ability to accurately estimate the costs of work to be done, taking into account, time, labor, and materials. Accuracy in bidding these estimates to potential customers is essential. The contractor then works with architects or designers to discern specifications for the project. Finally, the contractor assigns his or her construction teams to execute the building or renovations to be performed. In some cases, the general contractor may bring in sub-contractors to perform specialized tasks such as carpentry, electrical, or roofing work. Throughout all of these processes, however, the general contractor must perform inspections of the work being performed, assess the methods used by workers, and ensure work proceeds in line with agreed-upon specifications.
Many general contractors begin their careers as part of construction and building crews. While technical school degrees in construction, carpentry or a related field may be useful, work experience is valuable in this field. General contractors work in a variety of environments, both indoors and outdoors. In some areas of the country, their work may be seasonal and weather-dependent, although many contractors adjust scheduling so that indoor work is performed when the climate prohibits outdoor work.
General Contractor Tasks
- Generate cost estimates for labor, materials, equipment, and permits necessary to complete a project.
- Plan and manage a construction project, coordinating labor, materials, and equipment, hire and supervise subcontractors.
- Make sure all government regulations are followed, proper permits are obtained, and required inspections carried out.
- Monitor project progress to ensure it stays on time and within budget.
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and work with clients and architects to create project plans.
How Much Do General Contractors Charge?
Typical Range: $250 – $58,000
Average General Contractor Rates
General Contractor Service near Wichita KS: General contractors (GC) typically charge about 10 to 20% of your total construction project cost. For larger projects, you might pay closer to 25% for their services. They do not charge an hourly rate. Average General Contractor Costs
- Average Cost $4,000
- High Cost $58,000
- Low Cost $250
Standard General Contractor Fee Percentage
the fee percentage for a general contractor if 10% to 20% of the total project cost.
General contractor management fees generally total 10 to 20% of the project cost. The rate can get as high as 25% depending on the size of the project.
The fees are calculated from a markup on materials, subcontractor labor and the total price of the job. The GC packages their fee in with all services for one total price. They pay on your behalf for services, subcontractors and materials.
Contractors price their work as a markup on various services and materials in order to cover factors like:
- Labor and workers’ compensation
- General liability and other insurances
- Overhead for staff, office and operations
How Do Contractors Get Paid?
General Contractor Service near Wichita KS: The way that general contractors get paid is with a percentage of your project cost. They build this percentage into your cost based on markups on materials, supplies, labor and more.
GCs will accept payments in different ways, and they should outline their payment plan in your contract prior to starting the job. Some ask for a portion of the cost upfront and the rest when work is complete. Others will ask for payments after each phase of work is complete. You shouldn’t expect to pay the total cost before work begins.
How Much Do Contractors Charge for Labor?
The labor charge for your contractor’s services will vary depending on the type and size of the project. For example, the general contractor fees for a house will be greater than for a patio installation.
General Contractor Price List
Project Average Project Cost Additional Price for GC
Cost to Build a House $290,000 $29,000-$58,000
Price of Building an Addition $44,000 $4,400-$8,800
Cost of Remodeling a House $46,000 $4,600-$9,200
Rate for a Bathroom Remodel $10,000 $1,000-$2,000
Rate for a Kitchen Remodel $23,000 $2,300-$4,600
Price for Installing Drywall $1,700 $170-$340
Cost to Build Brick or Stone Walls $4,500 $450-$900
Price of Building a Deck $7,000 $700-$1,400
Cost to Build a Garage $26,500 $2,650-$5,300
Price to Install a Concrete Patio $2,500 $250-$500
Install Concrete Driveway Cost $4,000 $400-$800
Rate for Fence Installation $3,000 $300-$600
What Does a General Contractor Do?
General Contractor Service near Wichita KS: General contractors oversee and manage the full scope of a project, typically after the designs have been drawn up and agreed upon. However, many GCs can serve as construction managers and advise from the pre-construction phase to completion. Homeowners hire a residential general contractor when the work involves permits, building codes, subcontractors and heavy-duty equipment. These pros:
- Implement the timeline and schedule
- Hire, manage and pay workers and subcontractors
- Purchase and deliver materials and supplies
- Acquire necessary permits
- Oversee project progress to completion
Discuss, plan and make necessary changes (especially if they weren’t involved in pre-construction)
GCs, depending on their experience and specialties, work on projects like:
- Commercial and residential building construction
- Additions and remodels
- Complex HVAC
- Complex electrical
- Complex plumbing
- Concrete work
How Much Does a General Contractor Cost vs. a Construction Manager?
A general contractor usually charges a higher rate than a construction manager.
- Construction managers charge 5%-15% of your total for small-scale and under 5% for larger-scale construction.
- General contractors charge 10%-20%+. Their oversight is all-inclusive, they tend to have a reliable team of workers and subcontractors, and they have to cover their overhead costs and profit.
General Contractors need insurance.
Building and project owners require it as well as the building department when you open permits. Despite being a significant expense it is protection that is invaluable when you need it.
In this article we will cover how much it is going to cost, why cheapest is not best, why you need it, and how much protection you should have.
How much is general contractors insurance?
GC insurance is typically rated on gross sales with a rate of $15 to $25 per $1,000.
This is for a standard $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate policy. The deductible varies but it is typically $0 but could be as high as $5,000.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is a general contractors hourly rate?
General contractors do not typically charge an hourly rate. They charge a percentage of the total project cost.
How much does it cost to hire an independent general contractor?
It will cost 10 to 20% of the project cost to hire an independent general contractor. Most GCs are independent. The average rate will be about the same between them and those associated with a company.
How much do contractors charge for estimates?
Contractors will either offer a free estimate or charge $50 to $1,000, depending on the project. For example, if you need an inspection or design consultation service, expect to pay for those. If you pay for your estimate, many general contractors will put that feel toward your project if you hire them.
When should I hire my general contractor?
Hiring the construction team, including the general contractor early in the process, can help you ensure that you have a quality project that is completed on time and on budget. If hired or consulted during the site selection process, the general contractor can help decide on the feasibility of competing sites. For example, working with a contractor might help you determine that a particular site, although more expensive, is better and will save money in the long run because it does not require as much construction work up front. Or could allow you to go back to a potential landlord/seller for a particular site and negotiate a lower lease rate or selling price because of construction feasibility issues.
Why should we hire you for our Remediation Project?
WES Construction has a great track record (as evidenced in the next FAQ), and has completed many great projects. We have great people with good attitudes. We work closely with our subcontractors to get their very best work. We have an extensive knowledge of the products and systems that we work with. If we don’t know a system, we research it.
Have you ever been sued for defective work?
We have a Zero claim track record since our inception. That means no insurance claims, and no lawsuits. We did not achieve this by accident.
Do you carry out repairs with your own employees?
We have many long-term employees who are cross-trained to many of the tasks required for remediation. Carpentry and framing repair is almost always carried out by our regular employees. We often perform the most difficult transitions with our regular employees. Interior restorations are generally performed in-house.
Do you use sub-contractors?
Yes, we use subcontractors. Subcontractors with specialized crews can be very productive and deliver great quality work. In most cases we have full time personnel assigned to insure the quality of the subcontractors work. We host project specific training sessions, and track the sub-contractors personnel and training. Some specialty trade work such as stucco, electrical and plumbing are always subcontracted.
Do you guarantee repair work?
It is easy to guarantee our work. It is difficult to guarantee a repair to someone else’s work. If we repair a leaking window on the third floor of a six story building we cannot guarantee that water will not enter from upper levels. It is easy to guarantee a wall that we address in entirety – from corner to corner, top to bottom. We make it a point to identify the potential for other problems should we be doing a limited repair. We have turned down projects in the past when we were uncomfortable with risk of water entry from adjacent areas.
Do you have references?
We will gladly provide a contact information list of all major projects that we have performed. Please feel free to contact us.
Do you have projects that we can visit?
We have ongoing and completed projects. You are welcome to make an appointment to visit ongoing work. We will have a hard hat for you. We can arrange for you to visit completed projects. Our project profiles page should also provide some background.
How do you handle communications with tenants at multi-family projects?
Contract communications are generally limited to the owner’s representatives such as property managers, consultants or the Board of Directors. It is not unusual for a curious unit owner or tenant to ask contractor personnel questions that should be directed to the owner’s representative. Our folks are trained to politely defer such questions to the appropriate parties.
How do you schedule access with tenants at multi-family projects?
We have developed good notification procedures for posting notices and contacting folks to schedule work at individual units. On smaller projects this is handled directly by the superintendent. Larger, more complex projects are better served by an assistant to the superintendent whose primary function is to act as a liaison to homeowners and tenants. This liaison will, upon request, post project status online for easy access.
Do you produce construction schedules?
A giant chart schedule is produced for each project mapping out the duration of the project. Generally the superintendent maintains a short-term schedule covering the work activities planned over the next few weeks in greater detail.
Do you require down payments?
The majority of our contracts are structured such that we bill monthly for the work completed that month. Those invoices generally have a 5 or 10 percent retention, or hold back, which the owner holds onto until the end of the project. We strongly recommend against paying any money to a contractor in advance,
Call us for
- General Contractor Services Near Wichita KS
- General Contractor Services List
- General Contractor Meaning
- General Contracting Services Description
- Services Provided By General Contractors
- General Contractor Near Wichita KS
- General Contractor License
- General Construction Services
- General Contractor % Markup
- General Contractor Rates Wichita KS
- General Contractor Pricing Guides
- Contractors Pricing Guide 2019
- How Much Do Contractors Charge For Labor
- General Contractor Markup On Subcontractors
- What Does A General Contractor Do
- How To Become A General Contractor Wichita KS
- Andale, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Andover, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Argonia, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Augusta, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Belle Plaine, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Bentley, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Benton, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Buhler, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Burns, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Burrton, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Cheney, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Clearwater, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Colwich, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Conway Springs, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Danville, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Derby, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Douglass, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Elbing, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Garden Plain, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Goddard, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Greenwich, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Halstead, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Harper, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Haven, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Haysville, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Hesston, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Hutchinson, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Kechi, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Maize, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Mayfield, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Mcconnell AFB, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Milan, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Milton, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Mount Hope, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Mulvane, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Murdock, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Newton, KS General Contractor Service near me
- North Newton, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Norwich, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Peck, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Potwin, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Pretty Prairie, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Rock, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Rose Hill, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Sedgwick, KS General Contractor Service near me
- South Hutchinson, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Towanda, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Udall, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Valley Center, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Viola, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Walton, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Wellington, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Whitewater, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Winfield, KS General Contractor Service near me
- Yoder, KS General Contractor Service near me